Maintenance & Care
Care and Cleaning Tips Natural Stone
Cleaning granite countertops is a necessity. Stone is a natural product and therefore requires attention. Simple caring for granite countertops and other natural stone surfaces will keep them looking beautiful for many years.
The following recommendations for routine care and cleaning were published by the Marble Institute of America. For more information visit the MIA website at www.marble-institute.com
Use coasters under glasses, particularly those containing alcohol or citrus juices. many common foods and drinks contain acids that will etch or dull the stone surface.
Do not place hot items directly on the stone surface. Use trivets or mats under hot dishes and place mats under china, ceramics, silver or other objects that can scratch the surface.
- Do clean surfaces with mild detergent or cleaners specifically made for natural stone.
- Do thoroughly rinse and dry the surface after washing.
- Do blot up spills immediately.
- Don’t use ammonia based cleaners.
- Don’t use vinegar, lemon juice or other cleaners containing acids.
- Don’t use cleaners that contain acid such as bathroom cleaners, grout cleaners or tub & porcelain tile cleaners.
- Don’t use abrasive cleaners such as dry cleansers or soft cleansers.
Call RSK Marble & Granite for problems that appear too difficult to treat. RSK provides full service restoration services including chip and seam repair, sealing, polishing and stain removal.
RSK Marble & Granite proudly offers a wide variety of granite, marble, soapstone, engineered products, and more. Our customers pick their stone and then pick the actual slab that will be used in their home. We then fabricate and install their product.
Our experts have over two decades of experience and will create the optimal custom granite countertops for your needs.